Every time I wrote text with WordPress editor, typing started fast but as I proceeded with writing the situation got worse.
WordPress was slow to type text and very long pages became impossible to complete. There was like a lag from the keys.
I use Mozilla Firefox browser and this is how I solved the problem:
How to fix Firefox WordPress slow typing for long texts
- Type about:config in the Firefox address bar
- Type acceleration in the search field
- Locate layers.acceleration.force-enabled field
- Double click on it (or single click on the arrow at the bottom of the corresponding row) to toggle it from true to false
- Restart Firefox
How to fix Firefox WordPress slow typing for long texts (not verified)
- Open Google Chrome browser, then select Settings from the menu
- click on Advanced>System>System Menu
- Switch off Use hardware acceleration when available
- Restart Google Chrome